Saturday, September 1, 2007

Good for the Soul Time

Smart Habit Saturday
(to join in on SHS, visit The Lazy Organizer)


I realized today that I'm really missing some "me" time, that little bit of time I used to tell my husband was "good for the soul" time just for me. One of the things I really miss is getting a manicure. It's been months, I tell ya! I'm not "high maintenance" or a real "girly-girl", not that there's anything wrong with that, but I did enjoy the occasional hand massage/manacure.


I'm fortunate enough to have fairly nice, natural nails. Mainly because I hate doing dishes. If they won't fit in the dishwasher, I ask bribe my oldest into doing them...or hide them in the oven. So, I enjoy keeping my nails painted most of the time, which I could do at home. But the best part is the relaxation I get from having them done at a salon. It makes me feel like queen for a day (or at least an hour). A good hand/forearm massage will leave you feeling almost as good as having a full back rub...almost.


Plus, it was a place I wouldn't dare take the kids; the older one because she'd beg me to get her's done and the younger one because I'd be fishing her out of the foot tubs. So it was alone time by a default. I did try to take my husband once when we were going out for the evening, but he poked so much fun at the bad voice-overs they had on the foreign movie they were playing that I told him I would never take him with me again. He was crushed.

So, I think my habit for this week will be to re-introduce an old one. I'll become a re-habitual offender! While getting my nails done may not be a weekly habit, I'm sure I can find something else to do for an hour or so on the off weeks.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

"me time" is an important thing. I try to get a little each day at least while the kids are napping. I can't get manicures right now but treat myself to a mini mani each day when I use my Satin Hands - love the stuff! Have a great week!

Lara said...

Oh, I'm all about neglecting myself. I actually went a year between my last two hair cuts! I think I'm doing good if I remember to put lotion on my feet before I go to bed. I'll have to work on this.

Copyright 2007, Christine Rice

You are welcome to use any of the information or articles from my blog for your own newsletters or ezines, just be sure to add the following copyright notation:

Christine Rice, Professional Organizer and owner of Organize It Today helps people discover "organizational enlightenment" with the help of her newest book, A Life Less Cluttered: Expert Secrets to Your Own Organizing Epiphany. Visit her website at http://www.organizeittoday.com/ to find out more about her services and products.