Friday, November 16, 2007

Take 5 Friday-Reading Basket



Welcome to the first post of Take 5 Friday! Join us each week to share your 5 minute organizing projects or ways you use 5 minutes to stay better organized. If you want to check out the posting guidelines click here, then join us! Being organized doesn't have to take tons of time. Take 5 Friday is all about what you can do in a short period of time to get or stay better organized.

This week I worked on a couple projects. One was my overgrown basket for reading material. I keep a medium sized basket next to my end of the couch for magazines, catalogs and other reading material. Problem was, it had become too over-crowded. So I sat down for 5 minutes the other day and cleared out all of the old, out of date stuff. Low and behold, my reading pile has gone from a jumbled mess about 10 inches thick to a neat stack in my basket that is only about three inches deep! This feels much more manageable for me to read!

Now, I'd love to post a before and after of this, but as you'll read in the guidelines I won't be able to until I get that nifty, new digital camera for Christmas...(I'm not above dropping hints, people...certain wonderful, loving family members, you know who you are!)
So, what were you able to accomplish in just 5 minutes this week? Post your name along with a short description here, then link to your own individual blog post. Be sure to add the link to Take 5 Friday to your posts so your readers can find out more. Oh, and feel free to use the Take 5 button on your sites!

2 comments:

Lara said...

Here's mine. Hopefully the link works!

If not then the address is http://laragallagher.com/blog/2007/11/take-five-friday.html

An Ordinary Mom said...

I can do anything for 5 minutes :) !! Maybe I will have to participate next time.

Copyright 2007, Christine Rice

You are welcome to use any of the information or articles from my blog for your own newsletters or ezines, just be sure to add the following copyright notation:

Christine Rice, Professional Organizer and owner of Organize It Today helps people discover "organizational enlightenment" with the help of her newest book, A Life Less Cluttered: Expert Secrets to Your Own Organizing Epiphany. Visit her website at http://www.organizeittoday.com/ to find out more about her services and products.