Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Talk About Tuesday - Tote Bag




Finally! I've been waiting to post something on The Lazy Organizer's Talk About Tuesday blog and I finally have done something worth talking about! Keep in mind, I am not a seamstress by any means. I've sewn some pillows, some curtains, some other small crafty-type stuff...you know, things that barely require a somewhat straight line. But this was a first for me. It's a reversible tote bag. I found the instructions over on Chocolate on My Cranium. I wanted mine a "little" bigger so I could use it to tote stuff to and from the van.


So, I just made some adjustments to the dimentions to get the size I wanted.



Yep, that looks about big enough!







Head on over to The Lazy Organizer to see what everyone else is talking about!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!! Looks great!

Rebecca said...

Great job! I'd love to try more sewing projects but don't have a sewing machine. Back home I used to sew with my grandma once in a while. And yes, I'd say it's big enough. ;)

Anonymous said...

That looks great! good job!

Christine - Tutorial Addict :) said...

OH cute! How fun to be able to make something to your own specifications! Great job!

Jennifer said...

I love that bag. Want to make one for me too? LOL

Ter said...

Looks great! I want to learn to sew too!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

It's really cute. I was wondering how those would turn out with a larger pattern. I wonder if putting a piece of cardboard in the bottom would keep it from drooping down and maintain the shape?

Lara said...

Very cute! Don't you just love a bag big enough to fit the kitchen sink?

Christine Rice said...

Jen said: I wonder if putting a piece of cardboard in the bottom would keep it from drooping down and maintain the shape?

I think it might. I didn't have anything in mine in the photo (except the one with the kid!) If you sandwiched it between the liner and outter fabric it would be good. But it'd be better if you could find some plastic of some sort instead...in case you needed to wash it.

Montserrat said...

I love the colors you chose. It turned out great! That's exactly how I made my small bag. I found a bag I liked but it was too big so I adjusted the size for my needs.

For big bags that need more stability my grandmother will make a cover for plastic that fits in the bottom of the bag. The cover has velcro on one short end so it can be taken off the plastic and washed with the bag. That description isn't very good but hopefully you get the idea what I mean.

Copyright 2007, Christine Rice

You are welcome to use any of the information or articles from my blog for your own newsletters or ezines, just be sure to add the following copyright notation:

Christine Rice, Professional Organizer and owner of Organize It Today helps people discover "organizational enlightenment" with the help of her newest book, A Life Less Cluttered: Expert Secrets to Your Own Organizing Epiphany. Visit her website at http://www.organizeittoday.com/ to find out more about her services and products.