Thursday, January 10, 2008

Take 5 Friday - My Sanity

Welcome to Take 5 Friday. Feel free to leave your comments. If you'd like to join in and link to your own Take 5 Friday post, please check out the guidelines for posting.

Our mornings and bedtimes have been very chaotic lately and it occurred to me that the main reason was we had fallen out of our regular routines. This makes for a very frustrated mom and cranky kids. I decided to print out some guidelines to help make our day start and end on a better note. Now, the logistics of the timing took some pre-thinking, but I'm pretty good on the clip art, so it only took me about 5 minutes to put together a kid-friendly version.

One side note: I am not a strict, stick-to-the-schedule-to-the-letter type. I don't want anyone thinking I'm going to be standing over my kids with a stopwatch, blowing a whistle. But I'm hoping this will at least keep them on track with steps to follow. The pictures will help my youngest, my oldest can stay on track and hopefully Mom will keep her sanity!
Edited to add: I realized after I posted this that the sheets wouldn't stay nice and neat for long. So, I put the two pages (morning and evening schedules) back to back and slipped them into a clear, plastic sheet protector. I'm happy to report that this morning's activities went off without any major setbacks!


1 comment:

Lara said...

I would love to get back on a schedule but I don't think it's going to happen until the kids are grown and gone! Just kidding. We have our general stuff that's pretty regular but we don't seem to manage anything extra. Hopefully I'll have more energy after this baby is born and sleeping through the night.

Copyright 2007, Christine Rice

You are welcome to use any of the information or articles from my blog for your own newsletters or ezines, just be sure to add the following copyright notation:

Christine Rice, Professional Organizer and owner of Organize It Today helps people discover "organizational enlightenment" with the help of her newest book, A Life Less Cluttered: Expert Secrets to Your Own Organizing Epiphany. Visit her website at http://www.organizeittoday.com/ to find out more about her services and products.